Kent County Council provides a broad range of services to 1.4 million people living in Kent, England. The organization provides services, including social care and health, local transportation and infrastructure, schools and adult education, leisure services, and libraries.
- Streamline recruitment processes throughout the council to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and provide better service to hiring managers and candidates
- Empower managers to take control of recruitment with a user-friendly system that provides more visibility and control over the recruitment process
- Improve the candidate experience and speed up onboarding new employees across all council services, from social care workers, though to park rangers, librarians, and civil engineers
- Implement a flexible system that will enable continuous improvement and offer further development opportunities in line with evolving business requirements
- Replaced the existing applicant-tracking system with Oracle Talent Acquisition Cloud to drive more efficiency and flexibility through the council’s recruitment process for health and social care, education, leisure services, and local infrastructure employees
- Cut average time required to create a new job posting by 75%, from four days to just one day
- Provided flexibility to meet Kent County Council’s diverse range of resourcing activities, from high volume recruitment to specialized campaigns across a vast range of occupations, from social workers through to country park wardens
- Enabled candidates to track applications on the portal, eliminating the need to use telephone or e-mail communications to check progress, improving the candidate experience, and freeing up council recruitment resources
- Improved data quality with built-in data validation and check points, saving considerable time and improving accuracy
- Reduced the number of data fields by one-third and captured information once via online forms, improving data security and reducing manual work-loads and associated costs
- Enabled manager self-service, speeding the overall recruitment process by enabling more than 1,500 hiring managers to move candidates through stages of recruitment, removing any potential bottlenecks, such as requiring 10 days to arrange an interview
- Speeded responses to candidates, either by sending out job offers to successful candidates within 24 hours or generating regret letters to unsuccessful candidates immediately, removing previous delays and bottlenecks
- Speeded onboarding process with automatic requests for an IT account, and by automatically sending an eligibility to work checklist to managers or candidates where applicable, to ensure the organization completes all tasks before the new council employee’s start-date
- Achieved a streamlined process for onboarding employees, with further efficiencies expected in the future with automatic transfer of employee details from Oracle Talent Acquisition Cloud directly into human resources and payroll systems within Oracle E-Business Suite, eliminating manual processes, speeding time to transfer data, and improving data accuracy
- Worked with Oracle Platinum Partner Evosys to deliver a smooth implementation and knowledge transfer to enable the council to configure the system in-house as business requirements evolve
Kent County Council undertook a thorough competitive tender, as required by European law. The council weighed each option according to cost and functionality and narrowed its choices down to three. A point crucial to the selection was that Kent County Council wanted to be able to make changes to the system without bringing in external consultants. Oracle Talent Acquisition Cloud offered this flexibility.
“Oracle Talent Acquisition Cloud outshone all the others in terms of functionality and potential for development,” said Susan Goymer, recruitment manager, Kent County Council.
“Oracle offers incredible support through its product interest groups and the Oracle Knowledge Exchange, which enables us to share experience with other Oracle customers. We also have fantastic support from the Oracle team, which took the time to understand our diverse recruitment requirements,” Susan Goymer said.
A dedicated project team from Kent County Council worked with Oracle and Oracle Platinum Partner Evosys to implement Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud. Evosys provided onsite consultancy together with offshore support resulting in almost 24 hour coverage.
The team pushed Oracle Talent Acquisition Cloud live very smoothly and achieved a clear cut-off date to migrate from the old system onto Oracle.
Evosys worked closely with Kent County Council throughout the project, sharing extensive knowledge with the team, providing training, and equipping the council with the resources and expertise to configure the system itself after implementation.
“Evosys spent considerable time with our recruitment team, teaching them how to make changes to Oracle Talent Acquisition Cloud as required. As a result, we now have the expertise and knowledge in-house to configure the system in line with changing business requirements,” Susan Goymer said.