Looking forward to the Cloud Asia Forum in three weeks’ time, we spoke to Lincoln Lincoln, Practice Manager, Cloud Service Providers, Emerging Markets APJ at EMC, Headline Sponsor at the event, about “The Transformational Wave of Cloud in APAC“.
In this podcast we discuss:
- How this transformational wave is affecting the dynamics of some traditional vendors
- The opportunity that this brings for service providers in Asia
- The interesting partnerships he is seeing in the Cloud space
- Finally, given these dynamic changes, how can consumers best equip themselves to leverage all the benefits of Cloud?
You can listen to the podcast here, and discuss these issues with Lincoln (and all of our expert speakers) in person at the Cloud Asia Forum, where enterprises can claim a complimentary pass.
We are pleased to bring you the updated event brochure for Cloud Asia, including the current agenda and speaker line-up!
Why attend Cloud Asia?
• 1 trip + 500 Delegates = efficient use of your personal & business time
• 100 + Speakers = fast lessons with the minimum effort
• 50 x (Sponsors + Exhibitors) = Quick updates + LIVE software building demos & deployments
• Visit the stands you want & only see the newest solutions you need= No tiresome product pitches at Cloud Asia!
• Enterprise Apps + Advanced Data Analytics + Cross Device Software Knowledge = Bundles of facts to take back to the office.
• Best in class SME, enterprise & government organisation IT experts dominating the agenda = Bundles of business cards!
• Telco and OTT cloud providers – they’re coming along so you can tell them how they can improve the services and deliver what you want!
• Application developers who have that je ne sais quoi when it comes to supporting the cross device software needs of today’s enterprises and SMEs!
• Forms part of the 2014 Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) China – Hong Kong.
Still need convincing? Download the event brochure today and see why Cloud Asia is the leading content led conference and exhibition for the Enterprise IT & Telco Cloud Market in Hong Kong!
We guarantee you will be networking, learning, and contributing to the development of industry actions alongside pioneering technology developers such as AWS, Google, EMC, Microsoft, AppDirect, Vision Solutions, Orange Business Services, PCCW, and crucial enterprise & SME IT decision makers!
A cloud over telecoms
The last thing anybody needs is another story highlighting the benefits and challenges of implementing a cloud-based solution for their enterprise.
Most CIOs of enterprises now understand that the cloud is where IT is going. Maybe not the public cloud — yet, anyway — but private clouds and managed services are gathering more and more momentum every day.
Various estimates from the likes of Gartner and IDC estimate the cloud market to expand to a value of $72.9 billion this year, with the market for public cloud computing services in the Middle East and North Africa reaching $378.5 million.
What does warrant more discussion is who an organisation should turn to when selecting a reliable cloud service.
Yes, there are the large multinational organisations throwing their services into the fray — the EMCs, the Oracles and the SAPs, for example.
Then there are also the small start-ups that have made a name for themselves by becoming globally successful cloud services. (more…)